First off I would like to thank the Academy….wait…sorry wrong award. I want to thank Erin from Reluctant Food Blogger , for nominating me for a Liebster Award. What are the Liebster Awards? They are essentially given to bloggers by other bloggers, to say hey your blog is something I really enjoy and you should receive some recognition for it. There are some rules to follow, and here they are:
- Thank the nominating blogger
- Nominate blogs that are new and/or have small followings. (Like Erin I have no idea how to tell if they have a small following so I will nominate blogs I like)
- Answer questions from the nominating blogger
- Tell your readers random facts about yourself
- Give your nominees questions to answer
And the Nominees Are!
Tucker’s Farm Goat Cheese – I have followed this Goat Cheese Producer from Bermuda for some time and I am always entertained by the posts and I have learned a thing or two along the way.
.\KitchenLab! – Tyler is on a food journey, be it cheesemaking, preserving or gardening it is fun to see his adventure unfold one post at a time.
Fromage Homage – A fellow Turophile that hails from London, in the UK. I enjoy the weekly Fromage Friday posts and the trips to UK cheese producers.
Grongar Blog – I started to follow this blog because of the cheese, but I grew to love it more because of the photos, the poems and the overall atmosphere of it.
Bacon Hound – I stumbled upon this blog a few years ago intrigued by the name and I stayed for the content. Everything from a really good Tourtière recipe to recent searches for the best Burgers and Pizza’s in Edmonton.
Random facts about me:
- I spent 20 years as a Reserve Officer in Canadian Armed Forces, more specifically the Cadet Instructor Cadre working with the Royal Canadian Army Cadet Program.
- I am 42 and I just had to get progressive lenses that include 3 progressions (Tri-focals)
- When I was young I had a stammer, now I only stammer when I am extremely mad or upset.
- I collect UBIs or Useless Bits of Information and I like to share them…a lot!
- I am allergic to grain alcohol, but I love single malt scotch.
My answers to Erin’s questions:
- If you were on death row, what would you choose as your last meal? That is too easy, it would be a cheese plate that would include several illegal (here) raw milk cheeses from Europe – Camembert de Normandie, Valencay, Reblochon, Mont d’Or, wow there are so many.
- What is your pop-culture guilty pleasure? The 100 and any kind of well written Superhero type show (Arrow, Flash, Daredevil etc)
- What was your motivation when you started blogging? I needed an outlet for my cheese talk so I wouldn’t inundate my wife (not a cheese fan) with all things cheese.
- What’s your favorite book of all time? That is a hard one, can I am going to have to go with a book series and that would be the Richard Sharpe series by Bernard Cornwell.
- What’s the number one thing on your bucket list? I am not a fan of the term “bucket list” it seems so final. But I would have to say that it would have been – you guessed it, go pro, make cheese as my full-time job. Not too exciting I know.
My questions to nominated bloggers:
I was so tempted to do the Monty Python and The Holy Grail questions
- What is the one dish you like to make the most often and why?
- If you could have a conversation with anyone in history who would it be?
- What is your idea of a relaxing day off?
- Where is your ideal place to go on holiday?
- What is your favourite time of year?
Well I think that is about all for this. And to the nominees…GO!