Last week I was in a struggle to save a semi-lactic cheese that I was attempting to make. I did manage to save two “logs” out of an eight litre batch. I am excited that the white bloom has started. This time I used both Geo 17 and PC ABL for the mold cultures. Here are some of the pictures that show the bloom. I just flipped the cheeses so the “bottoms” don’t have much of a bloom on them but that will happen in due time.
I will post an update on the logs at the next stage of development, when they are supposed to be wrapped and put into colder ageing. I hope to be making another attempt at Camembert later this week and I will be posting on this as well.
Don’t for get to check out the contest for the Ticket Giveaway for the Rocky Mountain Wine and Food Festival, details can be found here.