On the 16th of April I made two cheeses, a Cheddar for my son, and my “Special Project” or Experiment Cheese. It is this cheese I want to post about. Normally I try to stick to the semi-firm or hard cheeses, I have been moving towards semi-soft/trappist style with my Irish Danes, I think this one should be along the lines of those. I took 1/4 of the curd from the Cheddar (before cooking the curd, just after cutting) and let it drain under its own weight, flipping it every so often. After a few hours I took it out of the hoop to dry and drain some more, I think I rushed taking it out of the hoop as it is now the size of a large fish cake. I was hoping for something the size of a Camembert. Well we learn from our mistakes.